Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Gift of the Spirit!

Last night I was honored to join Bishop Tyson, Fr. Haydock and the community of Holy Rosary Parish in Edmonds for the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation. While it is always a joy to be present for such a celebration, this was an especially wonderful evening. I was honored to be present with my niece Katherine whom I have been walking with these last few months as her Confirmation sponsor. An added blessing to the evening was the opportunity to join in worship with the community of Holy Rosary - the parish where I was youth minister for five years in the early 1990's. What a beautiful church and community. Finally, it was amazing to witness Bishop Tyson in action! The Bishop's ministry brought meaning and humor to a significant event in the lives of the young people at Holy Rosary.
Congratulations to all the newly confirmed at Holy Rosary and throughout the Archdiocese!

No comments: